You Save: $10.00
Kimochi, which means ‘feeling’ in Japanese, are plush, interactive and lovable toys. They are designed to help children learn about their feelings, how to manage them and how to help others understand them.
Kimochis® are small soft face pillows that have a facial expression on one side and the name of the emotion on the other.
Kimochis® come with large soft cuddly characters. Here at The Play Hive we introduce the cuddly character called Cloud.
Cloud comes with three Kimochis® feelings (happy, sad and angry) and has a pocket on his belly. Children develop emotional intelligence by tucking the Kimochis® face cushion that best matches their feeling into Clouds belly pouch. Doing this encourages them to share what they are feeling and experiencing. The process calms, comforts and instills confidence.
Cloud has feelings of his own too. He is a bit moody and unpredictable. His face can be happy or sad by turning his head to display a grey sad face, or white happy face.
Cloud comes with a detailed Feel Guide - an instructional booklet which provides fun, easy lessons and activities for parents.
You can use Cloud and the Kimochis® face cushions to help your child get in touch with their emotions in a fun way using puppetry, play, role play, etc. Together you can learn to recognize 'feelings patterns’ and situations that trigger emotional reactions. The guide can help you use the Kimochis® to assist your child to use positive words, gestures and signals, to help them know what to say or do, when feelings arise.
Designed as non-gender specific and multicultural, Kimochis® help promote strong parent-child connections. Kimochis® help children identify and express emotions, one feeling at a time, while parents are better able to understand what their kids are trying to communicate. Being able to talk about feelings helps build confidence, self esteem and character.
Extend Play and Learning
- Add our Kimochis® Mixed Feelings Packs, sold separately at The Play Hive. Each pack has 6 more Kimochis® feelings to add to Clouds collection. These packs will help your child learn about and express a broader range of emotions. In the pack a blank Kimochis® face and a washable marker are included so that your child can draw their own emotions.
- Put the feelings in a basket on your kitchen table to invite spontaneous play at mealtime.
- Play Kimochis® Charades! Pick a feeling and act it out.
- Make a point of calmly getting out Cloud and the Kimochis feelings when your kids get emotional. Encourage them to pick the feeling that fits the moment, tuck it into the characters pouch and tell you what's happening.
- Communicate using calm tone of voice and relaxed body language to help your child know what to say and do when feelings arise.
Educational and Developmental Benefits of this Toy
Product Code KIMCLOUD
Box Dimensions 34 x 12 x 22.5cm